Black Magic Design has announced some great upgrades to their lineup, especially Davinci Resolve 14. Their announcement is a lot more focused and seems to finally be the new trend, of only announcing products that are actually available or available soon.
Davinci Resolve 14 – Price reduced to $299.
- No dongle required, but still available for switching workstations with one license.
- 10X Performance! Need to test, but this could be huge. They spoke in great detail about h.264 playback, but I need .r3d speed improvements.
- Audio enhancements – that’s the big problem to solve. They’ve bought fairlight, and integrated that into resolve.
- Surround Sound including, 22.1 surround.
- Collaboration Tools (locking bins, secure chat without the internet)
- Fairlight 5 Bay Console. modules that mix and match and allow you to grow over time.
Color Page. Added effects.
- Face refinement effect. Tracks face. and deconstructs the face, and allows individual elements of the face like lips, eyes, skin, etc.
- Timeline compare looks really powerful
- Public Beta available today.
Ursa Mini Pro – secret hidden feature
Bluetooth. App to control camera and meta data.
Video scopes on video assist 4K
Atem Television STudio Pro HD – $2295
- Comes as a control surface.
- 8 sources (4 SDI inputs, 4 HDMI inputs)
- 4 SDI outputs
- Analog audio inputs
- Built in MultiView
- 2D DVE
- Talk back with supported black magic cameras
- Chroma Keyer
- Aux SDI output